ISSP at BAS
was created by a Decree No 362 / October 16, 1972, of the Ministry Council of Bulgaria.
This Decree split the existing Institute of Physics with Atomic Scientific Experimental Center (IP with ASEC) at BAS, founded by Academician George Nadjakov in 1946, into ISSP and INRNE (Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy), starting January 1, 1973.
Since February 16, 1982 the Institute of Solid State Physics was named after Academician George Nadjakov.
The first Director of the Institute of Solid State Physics (1973-1991) was Academician Milko Borissov. The second Director (1991-1999) was Professor Nikolay Kirov.
Museum was created by Institute of Solid State Physics in 2000. There are reading-room and a small permanent exhibition in Campus 2.